31 January 2012

Crafter's guilt

I've been making quite a lot over the past few months (particularly lots of baby stuff, but that's for another post). It's kept me quite busy, but very little of it has been for me.

I don't think I've actually managed to complete anything I set out to on my mid year resolutions post. And despite two years of saying I would make some oven gloves, the only reason we now have some is because we saw some nice ones that matched the kitchen colour scheme in the John Lewis sale.


Still, my tea towels are relieved.

Sorry tea towel.

I have two days off work next week, and I'm planning on completing some makes for me/the flat.

I made the Vogue V1197 months ago, and it's been such a hit that I plan on making another one. In fact, I was so sure that it would be a great dress, having seen Karen's and Eugenia's, that I actually bought the fabric for the second dress at the same time as the fabric for the first one.

I'm also planning on making some roman blinds for the flat. We only have 3 windows, but they are big (1.2 m x 2 m)! I bought some (relatively) cheap plain fabric from Fabrics Galore at the weekend and have ordered some kits. I'm planning on making one for the kitchen as a test run: it's the only room that doesn't currently have, or need, a blind so I don't have to worry too much if it all goes horribly wrong.

So there we have it. Two projects in two days may be incredibly ambitious. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I don't finish them both. After all, two days of sewing for myself - it's hard to feel guilty about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment