4 January 2013

In the jar

Although I'm not really one for new years resolutions, I've signed up for Karen's In The Jar 2013 Sewlutions pledge.

didyoumakethat

Why? Well, for a start I'm far more likely to stick to any craft based resolution/aim/objective than I am to eat less chocolate. But also because it's just the kick up the backside I need.

I did make quite a lot in 2012, although you probably wouldn't believe it reading this blog. Some of the finished items have yet to make it past draft blogpost form, but some are also still in WIP status. (Granny square blanket, I'm looking at you.)

However, I didn't make any clothes last year. Despite picking up a few patterns and having good intentions, I am yet to make the Peony dress, Kasia skirt, or Pendrell blouse. Or the second coffee date dress or V1179. (And we'll not even mention Deer & Doe now that Tilly has pointed out the patterns are now available in English. Mon Dieu!)

Not this year. I have pledged to make at least one wearable item this year. I hope to make more than that, but sometimes life just gets in the way and I don't want to beat myself up over not making a specific number of items of clothing. What I will beat myself up over is not finishing the seams properly so I have to hand wash it. Oh no. That baby has to go in the washing machine. Which also means pre-washing my fabric (my kryptonite - I do it, but probably not enough. I'm sure I've read somewhere that you should pre wash fabrics more than once - do you guys do this?).

So there you have it. Karen's going to check back at the end of the year to see how we all did - I have a feeling 2013's going to be a very productive year for us crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment